Leslies Motors Privacy Statement
The Leslies Motors Privacy Statement will detail what information we collect from you and why we need it, what we do with your information, who we may share your information with and how you can access the information we hold about you.
2.Collecting Personal Information –
We may collect, store and use the following elements of personal information:
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services. This may include your name, address, email address, contact number, date of birth, CCTV imagery, purchase history, cookies, and in the instance of a vehicle purchase, we may store your bank details;
- Information that you provide when you complete any forms on our website, including your email address.
3.Using Personal Information –
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- To meet the terms of your order;
- Enable your use of services we provide;
- Send you service and MOT reminders, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require this service);
- Send you marketing & events information we believe may interest you, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require this service).
4.Disclosing Personal Information –
Below we will list who we share your personal information with.
- We may disclose your information to any member of our group of companies, within Leslies Motors, where it would be reasonable to do so;
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. All third parties who receive your information will only process your information on our behalf, they will not use it for any other reason. If you would like to see a list of all third parties, please let a member of staff know and we will produce this for you;
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5.Security of personal information –
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure password and firewall protected servers.
6.Your rights –
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you via a Subject Access Request:
- Upon receipt of this request we will, after confirming your identity, provide all data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal information we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes, we will do so as quickly as possible.
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
8.ICO registration –
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office and our registration number is Z4905389
9.Data Protection Officer (DPO) –
Our DPO is Louis Vanassche, Northwood Garage General Manager.
Telephone: 01983 293333
Address: 341-351 Newport Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 8PG
Any data protection issues can be directed to him.