Celerio Tops List For Cheapest Car For Cash Strapped Motorists
Suzuki have come out on top in the list of Top Ten cheapest cars to run over three years/36,000 miles.
Cars from makers including Suzuki, Peugeot and Nissan have topped a search to find Britain’s cheapest motors for cash-strapped drivers.
Top of the list is the one litre engine Suzuki Celerio which will cost owners a mere £7,100 to own and run over a three year period, based on an average of 12,000 miles a year.
It beat the Dacia Sandero into second and the Peugeot 108 into third in a table compiled by motoring magazine Auto Express using calculations by trade valuation experts CAP to work out overall costs.
The cars in the list are cheap to buy, but the total tost of ownership is not just about the purchase price but also the insurance, tax, fuel costs, servicing, repairs and depreciation.
Total cost of ownership is based on three years of fuel, tax, insurance, servicing, repairs, and depreciation on purchase price when new.
1. Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ2 - TCO £7,100
2. Dacia Sandero 1.5 dCi Ambiance - TCO £7,212
3. Peugeot 108 Hatchback 1.0 Access 3dr - TCO £7,626
4. Vauxhall Viva 1.0 SE - TCO £7,874
5. Dacia Logan MCV 1.5 dCi Ambiance - TCO £8,038
6. Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i X 3dr - TCO £8,124
7. Citroen C1 1.0 VTi Touch 3dr - TCO £8,223
8. Nissan Micra 1.2 Visia - TCO £8,237
9. Kia Picanto 1.0 65 1 3dr - TCO £8,457
10. Hyundai i10 1.0 S - TCO £8,648
The all-new Suzuki Celerio offers class-leading boot space as well as lots of room for up to 5 passengers. It’s the small car with plenty inside to make you smile. As you’d expect from Suzuki, it’s highly fuel efficient, light on CO2 emissions, and easy to drive too – thanks to great agility and all-round visibility. With so many features for a small car, it’s easier to tell you what it doesn’t have.
Call our team at Hale Common Suzuki today to book a test drive.
The way a major company like Toyota brings a new car to market is pretty well…Read more >